For Successful Nasal Delivery of Small Molecules and Biologics
The ability to self-administer small molecules, biologics and vaccines is highly attractive yet the knowledge and expertise necessary to rapidly develop products for this delivery route remains limited in the CDMO space. To meet this growing demand, Upperton has developed UpperNose™, a unique nasal product development platform. Our aim is to make it easier and faster for small and mid-sized innovators to access the knowledge and capabilities necessary for the successful development of nasal dosage forms.
The UpperNose™ platform can be applied to liquid and dry powder formulations and utilises the knowledge and expertise of the highly experienced Upperton scientific team to develop your molecule in an efficient and timely manner.
Working closely with our clients, we will quickly identify the most time/cost effective development programme to facilitate early, smooth passage of our customer’s molecule from early-stage development into clinical trials. Typically we will take our customers through a series of well-established development steps although in reality, some of these can be combined or omitted depending on the dosage form required.
- Local delivery to the nasal membranes (e.g. for vaccines, antivirals, prophylactics)
- Systemic delivery by absorption into the bloodstream (e.g. for fast action whilst avoiding first pass metabolism)
- Direct delivery into the brain (transcending the blood brain barrier for treatment of neurodegenerative and psychological disorders)
The UpperNose™ Development Pathway
Benefits of UpperNose™
- Generating scientific and regulatory data to get you into the clinic with a high degree of confidence. Data to make informed decisions and support regulatory submissions.
- Driven by experts and led by science. Our highly experienced team will work with you to overcome the unique needs of your molecule.
- Working with customer’s own or commercially available nasal delivery devices. Ensuring the successful development of your drug either at the development or clinical trial phase.
- Laying the foundation for commercial success. We will help you establish a clear path that could take you all the way to commercial success. Reach your milestones faster without compromising quality.
The UpperNose™ technology platform provides our customers with a progressive, data-driven approach to accelerate their drug into nasal delivery testing with the optimal dosage form design and the best chances of success in the clinic and beyond.
Copley AINI device attached to the Next Generation Impactor (NGI)
The nasal route offers a range of advantages including its relative ease of use compared to injectable administration, patient acceptability, and compliance. Read about the key considerations when choosing a device for dry powder nasal delivery.