Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based CDMO that specialises in the development and manufacture of pharmaceutical products, providing a complete service from early-stage feasibility to GMP clinical manufacture. Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, typically including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal and inhaled.
Continued growth and investment into the business has led to the creation of exciting new job opportunities; with plenty of opportunities to grow and development within our evolving business. Upperton Pharma Solutions is undergoing a period of significant expansion to meet international customer demand and offer a comprehensive drug development portfolio, so now is a great time to join our team.
Working as part of the Operations Team based at the Nottingham Science and Technology Park site in Nottingham, you will be a key member of the operations team supporting scale up and technical transfer projects, as well as clinical manufacturing.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Operating equipment in accordance with defined manufacturing protocols, BMRs and SOP’s, within agreed timelines in accordance with GMP.
- Routine maintenance and upkeep of the Grade D Cleanroom.
- Organisation of materials as part of warehousing.
- Accurate generation of documentation to support batch manufacturing.
- Generation of technical reports.
General Role Responsibilities
- Understand and follow the company’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and report all accidents or any unsafe conditions in the workplace.
- Ensure competency and compliance for training of QC/Analytical staff.
- Adhere to all HR policies and procedures, specifically including all absence policies and procedures.
- Communicate within your own department to ensure that all relevant information is forwarded to the appropriate personnel on a regular and timely basis.
Essential skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in a related scientific/technical discipline or have relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
- Strong focus on quality and safety.
- Experience and understanding of cGMP clinical manufacture.
- Experience and understanding of QbD, DoE, scale up and technical transfers.
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System.
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical production techniques such as tableting, granulation and spray drying.
What you will get in return
Working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, you’ll receive a competitive salary and the potential to earn an annual bonus based on individual and company performance.
We are located at the Nottingham Science Park, a short distance from Nottingham City Centre. With excellent transport routes.
We offer employees not only a competitive salary but also an excellent suite of benefits including:
- 25 days plus bank holidays plus your brithday off!
- Company contributory pension package
- Life insurance
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Internal and external training courses and professional development support
- Free onsite car parking
We know it is the little things that make every day special, so we also organise employee events for you to attend throughout the year, like our annual Christmas party, summer party and charity fund raising events.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org