25th April 2018 - Senior QC Analyst / QC ManagerUpperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based contract R&D company that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal, inhaled and parenteral. Due to continuing expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior QC Analyst / QC Manager
Reporting to the R&D Director, an individual with QC experience, enthusiasm and ambition is required to lead the QC activities within a new Quality Control laboratory that is being set up to support GMP activities at Upperton Pharma Solutions. The Senior QC Analyst / QC Manager will be responsible for helping to establish the QC function, and then organise and run the day to day operations of the pharmaceutical QC testing laboratory. Depending on QC workload, the opportunity to learn and support R&D formulation development activities may also be possible. The role will suit an individual looking to start progressing into management, whilst still undertaking laboratory activities.
• Be educated to degree level or higher in a related scientific/technical discipline
• Experience of 3 + years within a pharmaceutical QC laboratory, with knowledge of GMP, ICH guidelines, and QA process and methodologies.
• Strong hands-on experience of undertaking testing, analysis and development using instrumentational analysis such as: HPLC, GC, UV, Dissolution and FTIR in a GMP environment
• Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
• Understanding of safe working practices and risk assessment within laboratory settings.
• Excellent decision making, organisation and planning skills.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17th May 2018